The House Subcommittee on Energy and Commerce is holding a hearing on "H.R. 1346, the Medical Device Safety Act of 2009." The hearing today at 2:00 p.m. features witnesses:
- David Vladeck, J.D., Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center
- William H. Maisel, M.D., M.P.H., Director, Medical Device Safety Institute, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston
- Gregory Curfman, M.D., Editor, New England Journal of Medicine
- Bridget Robb, Gwynedd, Pennsylvania
- Richard Cooper, Partner, Williams & Connolly LLP
- Michael Kinsley, Seattle, Washington
We will be giving live updates from the hearing via Twitter, so follow @NanAron for the latest news and information.
The Medical Device Safety Act, H.R. 1346, would overturn a 2008 Supreme Court decision that, for the first time, denied patients injured by certain medical devices the right to seek compensation through state product liability lawsuits.
Learn more about the Medical Device Safety Act and how you can help.